Child Nutrition Form
Please bring completed application to us on or before Meet the Teacher night. It is important for all students to have one filled out even if you don't qualify. You may fill out the form electronically and email it to email@example.com. We will also have copies to fill out in each office during enrollment.
WILDCATS SCHOOL STORE
Go to: SCHOOLSTORE.JOSTENS.COM
School Number: eb297
The 2019 yearbook is now on sale! Click here for information!
Dates to Remember:
Meet the Teacher night is Tuesday, August 13, 2019 at 7 pm
(Due to no AC in the gym for renovations, we will not meet in the gym first. All 4th-12th graders will go to the old gym to get their schedules. then onto their classrooms to meet teachers. PK-3 will go straight to the classrooms.)
School starts Thursday, August 15, 2019
Hotline - Office of Inspector General
Each recipient of a grant or sub grant under the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 (20 U.S.C. 6301 et seq.) must display, in a public place, the hotline contact information of the Office of Inspector General of the Department of Education so that any individual who observers, detects, or suspects improper use of taxpayer funds can easily report such improper use. ESSA, Section 9203(1) - 1 800 647-8733
We are excited to tell you about two new programs to start in the 2019-2020 school year. Olive Public Schools will now have an after school care for students at a minimal cost. This program will consist of tutoring, snack, and extra curricular activities to allow each child to benefit from this program. Certified staff will be leading this program, and it will be offered from 3:30 pm to 6 pm while school is in session.
The other program we are offering is a blended learning opportunity for students 6th-12th grades who need to approach school differently due to varying circumstances and still thrive in attaining their educational goals. Many students have chosen an online education route, but are not able to participate in the extracurricular activities that public schools have to offer. Some or all learning can be done from home, but certified staff will be available at the school for any help needed. Forms will be available for parents and students to fill out in order to guide their individual education route. Please email Joanna Lobaugh, Principal of Curriculum and Instruction, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on both of these programs.
Enrollment News for 2019-2020 School Year:
Online Enrollment for returning students will open on Monday, August 5, 2019
All parents must have an email on TeacherEase for online enrollment. If you have not given the school your email, you may call the Superintendent's office and give your email after June 1, 2019. We will also have enrollment at the school for anyone new to the district and also if you need to use our computer lab to enroll on the following dates.
Monday, August 5, 2019 from 8 am to 4 pm
Tuesday, August 6, 2019 from 8 am to 7 pm
Wednesday, August 7, 2019 from 8 am to 4 pm
Please email email@example.com for any questions you might have or call the school.
Hope you have a great summer!
New resource for students to report inappropriate behavior anonymously. Also, online lunch payments are now available. This is the letter that was sent home with students.
Friday, January 11, 2018
Starting today, our school is launching a resource to keep our school safer. Students and parents will be able to report anonymously, via a mobile app, any information that will help keep a positive and healthy school climate within Olive Public Schools. We are wanting to be proactive instead of reactive when dealing with inappropriate behavior. Grades 4th-12th had an assembly on Friday introducing this new resource.
For our lower grades, we realize parents will need to guide their students more when using this resource. We encourage all parents to discuss the Stopit app with their students. The app may be downloaded free of charge through Apple or Google Play. You will need to call the school for the appropriate site code:
Online payments for lunches are now available. You must have an email address on your student’s demographic page. If you do not have an email registered with the school, please contact the secretaries and provide them with an email address, so you can log on to your student’s account and make payments. If you have any questions, please contact Karla in the cafeteria.
Olive Public Schools Administration
Thank you to the following donors who contributed to our Accelerated Reader program!!
Rose Rock Midstream Semgroup
Mid America Stockyards
Olive Public School Staff is "Highly Qualified." Parents have the right to request information from the office concerning the teaching credentials of staff.
Inspiring the Students of Tomorrow, Today
We are looking for anyone who would like to create a mural for Olive School. The school is taking submissions for anyone who would like to design and paint a mural on one of the many designated walls inside of Olive School. The overall theme is “Inspiring the Students of Tomorrow, Today”. The mural will be at no cost to the school. The design, supplies and work will be completely donated by the participants. A $100 non-refundable check must be submitted with the design. Submissions will be accepted from May 1st until May 31st, 2019. Please contact the superintendent’s office for hours of operation at 918-352-9567.
1. The entire mural will be the responsibility of the participant(s). Supplies, paint, cleanup, tools, etc will be the sole responsibility of the participant(s). Olive School is providing the wall or space for the mural only.
2. A rough design will need to be submitted on 8.5x11 paper on or before May 31st, 2019 to the superintendent’s office. It will be presented to the school board on June 3rd, 2019. All participants will be notified on June 4th, 2019 of acceptance or denial. The design must be in good taste. The school/board can deny any design for any reason. If the participant has references, please submit them with your design submission.
3. Design rules: The design is to be an inspiring mural. The design should reflect the theme “Inspiring the Students of Tomorrow, Today”. The more colorful the better! No vulgar, offensive or disruptive designs will be accepted. The design should be at least 6 feet wide and 5 feet tall. The maximum sized is limited to the size of the wall. The medium is up to you. The walls are cement block. If you have questions, please contact the superintendent’s office.
4. A brief summary of how the mural will be funded and the approximate hours to finish should accompany the final design submission along with a $100 check payable to Olive School. The $100 will go toward supplies for the mural.
5. Work on the mural inside the school may begin on June 5th and must be completed by August 1st, 2019. Working hours for the mural are to be determined. Mural must be very similar to your approved design. If damage to surrounding area, wall or the mural has occurred, the participant is responsible for repairing the damage in as good or better condition than before the mural began.
Olive School reserves the right to change any of the rules at anytime during this process. The mural becomes sole property of Olive School. The artist may sign their work. The mural cannot be reproduced without the written permission from Olive School. Olive School is not responsible for any accidents or injuries during the process and completion of the mural. Questions should be directed to the superintendent’s office at 918-352-9567.
TodayShowers and thunderstorms, mainly before 11am. High near 82. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
TonightA 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 69. Calm wind.
SaturdayShowers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 1pm. Cloudy, with a high near 83. Calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.