Inspiring Students of Tomorrow, Today
Inspiring the Students of Tomorrow, Today
We are looking for anyone who would like to create a mural for Olive School. The school is taking submissions for anyone who would like to design and paint a mural on one of the many designated walls inside of Olive School. The overall theme is “Inspiring the Students of Tomorrow, Today”. The mural will be at no cost to the school. The design, supplies and work will be completely donated by the participants. A $100 non-refundable check must be submitted with the design. Submissions will be accepted from May 1st until May 31st, 2019. Please contact the superintendent’s office for hours of operation at 918-352-9567.
1. The entire mural will be the responsibility of the participant(s). Supplies, paint, cleanup, tools, etc will be the sole responsibility of the participant(s). Olive School is providing the wall or space for the mural only.
2. A rough design will need to be submitted on 8.5x11 paper on or before May 31st, 2019 to the superintendent’s office. It will be presented to the school board on June 3rd, 2019. All participants will be notified on June 4th, 2019 of acceptance or denial. The design must be in good taste. The school/board can deny any design for any reason. If the participant has references, please submit them with your design submission.
3. Design rules: The design is to be an inspiring mural. The design should reflect the theme “Inspiring the Students of Tomorrow, Today”. The more colorful the better! No vulgar, offensive or disruptive designs will be accepted. The design should be at least 6 feet wide and 5 feet tall. The maximum sized is limited to the size of the wall. The medium is up to you. The walls are cement block. If you have questions, please contact the superintendent’s office.
4. A brief summary of how the mural will be funded and the approximate hours to finish should accompany the final design submission along with a $100 check payable to Olive School. The $100 will go toward supplies for the mural.
5. Work on the mural inside the school may begin on June 5th and must be completed by August 1st, 2019. Working hours for the mural are to be determined. Mural must be very similar to your approved design. If damage to surrounding area, wall or the mural has occurred, the participant is responsible for repairing the damage in as good or better condition than before the mural began.
Olive School reserves the right to change any of the rules at anytime during this process. The mural becomes sole property of Olive School. The artist may sign their work. The mural cannot be reproduced without the written permission from Olive School. Olive School is not responsible for any accidents or injuries during the process and completion of the mural. Questions should be directed to the superintendent’s office at 918-352-9567.